Thelonious Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    6.09.2008

    Damn Son



    Dude this is really crazy...
    Now today is monday, yes we know this, yet it is "hot"
    I am from the south side of Chicago
    Lakefront in the summer is ridiculous, hot weather and a lake that reflects the heat like a kid with a magnifying glass
    I walk to school, I leave around 7:30 in the AM and I am not lying, it is 80, it feels like 80 Celsius 
    Lucky for me I brought a little towel, heh that wasn't much of a help
    I baking in my classes after lunch
    Fortunate for me, All of my morning classes had A/C but it seemed as though the further I get in the day it gets hotter
    Math was okay, a little A/C
    But French class was an oven and the main building at the high school is old as dirt (No A/C)
    I stayed in the school to work with Matt at school on some producing things with a friend
    When Matt's mom comes to pick us up
    Something is wrong...
    We are driving and the traffic lights aren't working
    It was like the summer of 1977' in Brooklyn, but no Son of Sam (Props to Spike Lee)
    Cars piled in traffic, police officers sweating it out and directing traffic
    No one on the sidewalks, really because the stores were clothes
    Apparently the shops in Montclair and in Upper Montclair lost power due to heat
    But not mine
    I digress...
    I get dropped off
    The first thing I do is put said towel on my head
    Grab some frozen treats to cool off
    And catch some serious sleep related itus 
    Man I just took the laziest nap ever i felt like a house slave on its brake
    Any who now I am shirtless uncomfortable even with the fan pointing at me
    Damn SON
    It is hot just bake with me for a moment
    Time to put in the A/C
    Cool out people

    The Thought Bubble is Sweating

    No comments: