Thelonious Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    7.18.2008

    Love On Wax (Scene 1)

    As for you readers
    I threw out a movie idea
    The working title is Love On Wax
    Gravitating towards the love story within a movie involving music
    Our movie opens with our main male protagonist
    I've finally came up with a name for him
    Quincy Miles
    His father is Dizzy Miles
    Our opening scene opens with "Q'" walking down his street 
    It's the last day of school
    He's walking with the book, The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    He's also walking with a vinyl in a brown paper bag clutched tightly under his arm
    The vinyl is Thelonious Monk, Round Bout Midnight

    Opening Narration (Quincy's voice as he is walking)
    "This is a normal day, book at nose vinyl in hand. All four years, all year round, and through all weather, rain, sleet, snow." (As he approaches his house)
    "This is where I live, short and simple, not much to explain. Just as someone told me, It's what on the inside that counts. For that person, they've never seen my house." ( He walks the steps and then turns around before opening the door)
    "The book is for the mind, the vinyl, this right here is stimulating the soul. See there are studies that show that music stimulates the mind and certain activities are done better to music. Me I enjoy putting smiles on faces with my music. And by my music... well I'll show you. ( Quincy turns and opens the door, he looks inside the lights are dim. He peers into the darkness. The living room smells of beer. He turns up the dial of the lights, Quincy makes out a man in a chair surrounded by empty cans of beer, Miles' eyes open and peers to Quincy, with a look that says "I may have failed you as a father, but you have made something of yourself." Miles looks at a picture to his left to a small coffee table, the picture contains Miles' wife holding Quincy right after his birth. Miles turns to Quincy once more)
    "You know you have her eyes? Every time I look into her picture I see you. It shames me with grief to this chair."
    (Quincy replies)
    "You know it's been eighteen years? I mean we've had this talk before. No one is going to walk through this door. But I'll save the drama for after I leave pops. I love you and you know where I'll be."
    (Miles looks back)
    "Yes I do son, you know it's not good to lock yourself in that room"
    (Quincy inquires)
    "Music is good for the soul you know? When is the last time you listened to a record?"
    (Miles says)
    "Yeah but so is fresh air. Yet you are right, I remember the song that played when I first laid eyes on your mother it was..."
    (Quincy cuts him off, holding up his new record)
    "Round Bout Midnight, Thelonious Monk, you laid eyes on her in a jazz club and the rest is history, Which is history we plan not to live in"
    (Miles implies)
    "Right young man, you listen to your old man, I'll let you go, but play that record for me"
    (Miles points to the turntable, Quincy replies)
    "Consider it done old man"
    (Quincy takes the vinyl out the bag and out the case he places the case in a stack of other cases. He places the vinyl onto the turntable, and drops needle on the record and walks to his room. Miles taps his toes and cracks open another beer.)
    The scene concludes

    As for my day I hooped with Geno down at the church
    And chilled out for a bit
    Thats all for today
    I bid you ado

    The Brain doesn't write... HE WRITES SCRPITS 

    No comments: