Thelonious Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    6.29.2008

    Feeling Accomplished

    As I grow as a person (not just in height)
    Today I grew a little bit
    I woke up and cooked for two of my favorite people
    Sydney and Sebastian
    You don't know the feeling to see them with smiles on their faces
    When I walk into the room with pancakes and waffles
    They're eyes light up
    "BREAKFAST'
    Today is sunday,
    Church is today
    After breakfast, we rest 
    And yes we rest as a unit
    As I say when all four Martins' are in the same place
    "MARTINS ASSEMBLE"
     My dad laid out their sunday best
    I got them dressed for church
    And we went on to the church which is two doors away
    (Talk about location, and the school is across the street from the church)
    Church was fine
    I dropped off Syd at children's church
    Sebastian behaved himself quite nicely with me
    He actually fell asleep
    Which made me nod off a little bit (no disrespect to Pastor Gordon)
    I got to see my friends I grew up with at the church
    Which reminds me how old I feel (I'm 15, sometimes I feel 30)
    I digress
    We arrive home
    I watch one of my fathers and I favorite movies
    Finding Forrester
    He says I remind him of Jamal Wallace, I guess I do
    Now I continue on to what gives me a full circle feeling of accomplishment
    I do reading work with my little sister
    Now I tutored 8th graders for the NJ ASK state test, which was for Community Service
    Yet tutoring your little sister is different
    Much different
    I read the book
    She reads the book after
    Then I write down some words from the book for her to do as well
    She passes with flying colors
    I feel like the undisputed big brother of the world
    Standing at 5 foot 9
    Weighing in at 160 pounds
    The bestest big brother in the world (and yes bestest isn't a word)
    But I leave you with this 
    No matter what you do
    Do it with pride
    And for me I do my brotherly duties with pride
    This post is for Sebastian and Sydney

    The Brain is the Brother

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I love how you write...I love how you take care of your sister and brother...I love how your there for them...I love how you make them smile by cooking for them lol..your really sweet ! && I can't wait to read more of your stories