Thelonious Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    7.21.2008

    Love On Wax (Scene 2)

    The second scene picks up after well the first
    Last scene ended with Quincy dropping the needle on the record
    The record being Thelonious Monk Round Bout Midnight
    This scene starts with Quincy opening his door to his room and this is were the scene starts

    (Quincy opens the door, and all along the walls are shelves upon shelves of records. Quincy can't recall the time where he can actually see his wallpaper. The camera pans to his desk, a turntable, a mac book, which he worked a whole six months at burger king for. The most grueling six months ever for a vegetarian. Next to that was his coveted MPC 5000 he won in a beat competition, back then he was using a MPD24. Aside his set up were the walls and walls of vinyls)
    (Quincy narrating)
    "This is where the magic happens, well musically. I guess when you lock your self in your room doing five beats a day for three summers. There won't be much time for girls, hopefully college will be different. I guess good grades translates into a scholarship to where ever you want. And so I can be close to where I want to be, I chose NYU.
    (He lays down his backpack and turns to a sweater on his bed)
    "I mean the colors not my style, but I'll have my mans from down the street tag it a lil, and make it one of a kind. My stuff is already packed I leave this weekend, all that is left is taking down these vinyls. Pops been using my crates for his beer, damn. I guess he really is hurt, I hope the fam can take care of him when I'm gone.
    (Puts on the sweater over his shirt, grabs a vinyl off the shelf)
    This is...
    (Flips it towards himself)
    Oh yeah!
    (Turns back towards the camera)
    Ramsey Lewis, the song is Les Fleurs. I put on the sweater to simulate what it will be like in NY, trying to make it feel like home as much as possible. I never been anywhere except Disney Land, but that was before pops started to drink, I was like two or something. Yet that's beside the point. I love the piano in this song it's so soulful, my pops used to play jazz, when I was little. So when Tribe and De La used elements of jazz in hip hop, I fell in love with hip hop. It wasn't until I got my first Gang Starr record that I wanted to make beats, I started off with basic equipment but I have built experience, and here we are now.
    (Quincy goes into placing the record on the turntable and you hear the melody, and you see Quincy going to work. The screen fades to black as the record comes to an end.)
    Just to give a since of how the music would sound
    That is all for scene two
    I'm chilling right now
    Sydney is back for the week
    I'm helping her with a packet for school
    It feels good to help out
    It feels good to do my brotherly job

    The Brain is the fire...get it "les fleurs"

    No comments: